Sydlings Copse / 3rd January 2020

Friday Blog Number 10

Once you get into a new pattern, it starts to feel like the normal routine.  But I wasn't quite sure if this was 'typical' Friday or a 'typical' winter holiday day.

In any event, it's going come as a bit of a shock to the system having to return to my desk next Monday.

The morning started (not very early) with a slow wander around the very peaceful Sydlings Copse - after facing the crowds in London the quiet of the woodland was a definite relief.






When the weather in winter is calm and still, I always get the impression that the trees are just waiting for the next year to get started.

This year it's very noticeable that there are lots of buds and even hints of blossom around - getting temperatures in the mid-teens at the turn of the year is just wrong.  I don't think I've had to clear ice from the windscreen on any day yet - and while there has been some wild weather, I'm pretty sure that it's not really qualified as wild winter weather - I guess there's still time for snow to put in an appearance in Oxford,  but I've not see much suggestion that (in this sense at least) Winter is Coming.


No comments: