Good Friday / 10th April 2020

As life descends into a blur of identical days - or at least in my case a weekly cycle where there are usually four or five 'Wednesdays' followed by two or three 'Sundays' - it becomes increasingly difficult to notice how the time passes.  I haven't resorted to making scratches on the wall of my cell study just yet, but I am doing something of the digital equivalent.

Each morning I'm posting (on twitter) a picture from my photo archive - and it has felt increasing important to dip in to my collection of Shetland images for this, I may not have full-blown cabin fever but I'm definitely pining for the fjords sea.

4th April 2015: Quendale Bay
5th April 2014: Scat Ness
6th April 2014: Gloup Ness, Yell
7th April 2014: Symbister, Whalsay
8th April 2014: Sumburgh Head 
9th April 2018: West Voe of Sumburgh
10th April 2018: Sumburgh Head

The Oxford house may not have easy access to the sea (this is clearly understatement of the first order) but it does have some things going for it - proximity of shops, hospitals (not yet needed by us, thankfully) and green spaces all with walking distance.

Every day (well, almost everyday) I've got out for the house for 'exercise hour' which is my case winds up being 5 or 6 kilometres (and a selection of photographs).  So far have found a different picture each day..

4th April 2020: Stoke Place
5th April 2020: In the Garden 
6th April 2020: Headington Hill Hall Gardens
7th April 2020: C S Lewis Nature Reserve
8th April 2020: Bury Knowle Park 
9th April 2020:  Rock Edge Local Nature Reserve
10th April 2020: C S Lewis Nature Reserve

One day I'll be able to take some more pictures in ZE3 rather than in OX3, and I understand there are are other postcodes available too.

In the meantime I'm going to carry on trying to make each day a little bit different - and to try and have lunchtime outside on at least some of the Sundays.

10th April 2020: I think it's Friday






No comments: