All Change / 7th February 2020

One of my weaknesses is a tendency to hang onto stuff, just in case it might come in useful.

I've been particularly guilty of this with old camera kit (and the boxes!) - until this week I've had quite a substantial hoard of camera kit that I'm no longer making real use of.  But not now.

I've been, over the last year, experimenting with Sony cameras and lenses as an alternative to the Nikon kit I've been using since 1999.  I've now finally traded in my Nikon collection to help fund the new Sony collection.




This trade-in has triggered a wee bit of photographic nostalgia.

There were three cameras in the collection I traded in.

A D200 (bought in 2007, 60K pictures) the stamps in its passport would include the Antarctic, Bhutan, Falkland Islands, Norway, the US, Sri Lanka and Norway.  A D700 (acquired in 2010, 78K pictures) saw action in the Falkland Islands, Scandinavia, Greenland, along the Northwest Passage, Sri Lanka and of course Shetland).  And the youngster in the collection, a D500 (which joined in 2017, only 38K pictures) has seen a lot of time on Shetland in addition to travels to the Arctic.

And since my current camera dealer of choice is down near Gatwick, it made absolute sense to turn a camera buying trip into lunch and a wander on the beach in Brighton.





Lovely weather for it too.




No comments: