Missing, December 2016

Over many years of taking a photo-a-day there have been a number of subjects that have appeared regularly.  In some cases, out of desperation (to ensure that I 'got' a picture of the day) I've resorted to photographs of the cat or of what I've been eating or drinking.

On other days I've photographed local landmarks.

One of the local landmarks I've photographed many times is a distinctive tree in my local park, Bury Knowle Park in Headington.

My favourite picture of The Tree is probably one I took in the snow in early 2009.

February 2009

Over the next few years The Tree survived several big storms pretty much intact

December 2010
May 2011
October 2013
February 2014
October 2014
January 2015

In early 2015, one of the big branches finally gave way, but the rest of the canopy remained intact.

March 2015
March 2015 
February 2016

Then, finally at some point between February and today (December 2016) The Tree was finally removed.  Not sure why I've not noticed before (I've clearly been taking my emergency pictures elsewhere), but it does feel like there's hole in the Park.

December 2016

No comments: