More Exploring (Virtually)

I've found that spending a bit of time concentrating on each Landranger Sheet is turning out to be a really good LockDown activity - and it's helping me to figure out my Real Grand Tour for After The LockDown

So I've tumbled the random generator again and it's rolled out a further set of suggested sheets...

And this is what Series II looks like


As with the first Series the tour will go from the Shetland Islands to the Borders, and from the Highlands to the Islands.  Some of the sheets I know very well, others I'm pretty sure I've not (yet) visited - at least not properly.

Sheet 83 Newton Stewart & Kirkcudbright : Have certainly visited this sheet, and have explored both the coastline and Galloway Forest.  Last time I visited - I declared that a further visit was needed!

Sheet 1 Shetland - Yell, Unst & Fetlar : Good to have another proper Northern sheet included - and as OS maps go, they don't go much further north.

Sheet 11 Thurso & Dunbeath : In mainland terms this one is quite 'North' - and it includes the Flow Country which is worth travelling a long way to visit. And one often has to.

Sheet 30 Fraserburgh : Have visited this sheet several times - it's on one of my 'scenic' routes from Aviemore to Aberdeen.

Sheet 36 Grantown & Aviemore : And speaking of Aviemore.  The sheer tattiness of this sheet (in comparison with the others) gives evidence about how often I've been to this sheet.  It's also worth confessing that I've got three copies of this sheet - and this is the least disreputable.

Sheet 43 Braemar & Blair Atholl : Another sheet that appears in my collection of scenic routes between Aviemore and Aberdeen.

Sheet 24 Raasay & Applecross : There's a fighting chance that I've not visited this sheet - and it's high time that I did,

Sheet 54 Dundee & Montrose : Have visited this sheet numerous time en route to Aberdeen from the south of Scotland - but wouldn't have claimed to have 'explored' it.

And why only eight episodes this time?

The random number generator suggested I also revisit Sheets 61 and 68 - and at this stage that felt like over-egging whatever it is that one shouldn't over-egg.




No comments: