30 Days Wild, June 2019: Orca to Orchids, Puffins to Poppies

As the old cliché goes - this years 30 Days Wild was a month of two halves.

The first part of the month was based at the south end of Shetland - which offered the expected assortment of bright sunshine and misty days, and lots of opportunity to watch and photograph the puffins at Sumburgh Head.  It also provided the hoped for (but never expected) delight of seeing a big pod of orca at close quarters.

Back further south (despite the distraction of my desk job) the pictures mostly revolved around wild flowers both in the garden and further afield.  The real bonus this year was discovering places to see wild orchids - I don't know if it has been a particularly good year for orchids, but I've certainly noticed more of them this year - and I don't think they've featured in previous 30 Days Wild collections.

Orcas to Orchids

Wednesday, 5th June 2019
Tuesday, 25th June 2019
Puffins to Poppies

Saturday, 1st June 2019
Saturday, 22nd June 2019

This year I also managed to include a couple of conservation volunteer days during the month - one at Stansfeld Park and one at the Oxford City Farm with work colleagues - both hard work but good fun too.

Sunday, 16th June 2019
Friday, 21st June 2019

I've throughly enjoyed 30 Days Wild again this year, and I fully expect to be back next year.

30 Days - June 2019

No comments: